October 9, 2023
The Lifesaving Society is a full-service provider of programs,
products and services designed to prevent drowning. As Canada's
lifeguarding experts, we set the standard for professional
lifeguard training and certify Canada's National Lifeguards. We are
currently seeking an individual to support Lifesaving Society
communications. The Lifesaving Society offers a competitive salary
and benefits package.
400 Consumers Road, Toronto ON
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Senior Communications Officer
Salary & benefits
Starting salary of $67,687 plus benefits
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide administrative support to the Communications department
- Manage Communications team shared calendar.
- Manage project status updates including tracking the status of
Communications projects and tasks; providing monthly team updates,
ensuring shared document folders are up to date.
- Collect, review and assess: newsletter content submissions,
social media content submissions and communication plan
- Assist with inventory management and/or other functions related
to the operation of the Society's in-house publishing company.
- Support Lifesaving Society events (e.g., AGM, sport
competitions, media events).
- Support social media growth and activities:
- Draft copy and create posts.
- Monitor accounts, community, comments and reviews; consult with
activity centre experts to respond to customer queries.
- Draft copy for various Society print and digital communications
and publications including announcements, reports, citations, etc.,
consistent with standard Canadian English usage and Society
Assist with and coordinate website content development using
Umbraco (CMS) and HTML.
QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of the following
education, skills and experience will enable the successful
applicant to perform the primary job functions successfully. All
requirements below are essential unless otherwise indicated as an
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism or related
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and
proven ability to write in various formats - print, web, social -
following a style guide.
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical
- Proficient with Microsoft 360: Planner, Lists, SharePoint,
Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic graphic design skills - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Basic HTML experience, familiar with website content management
- Creative thinking and experience with community management and
- Knowledge of social media analytics and ability to create
- Ability to research concepts and translate them into plain
- Familiarity with the Lifesaving Society and its programs is an
- Familiarity with the traditional print publishing processes is
- Ability to work well independently with minimal
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members.
The Lifesaving Society is an equal opportunity employer. We
embrace diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and
encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If selected
for an interview, please inform us of any accommodation you may
require during the process.
Further information on this position is available from Adrian
Herscovici, Senior Communications Officer (416) 490-8844 ext: 262
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role;
however, only those selected for further consideration will be
About the Lifesaving Society
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and
registered charity working to prevent drowning and water-related
injury. We are composed of tens of thousands of individual members,
and over 4,000 affiliated swimming pools, waterfronts, schools and
clubs. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our
training programs, Water Smart® public education,
drowning prevention research, aquatic safety management and
lifesaving sport. The Society has been educating Canadians since
the first Lifesaving Society Bronze Medallion was earned in 1896.
Each year, more than 1.2 million Canadians participate in the
Society's swimming, lifesaving, lifeguard, first aid and leadership
training programs. For more information, please visit www.lifesavingsociety.com
or follow us on social media.